The ECS Tuning Luft-Technik Front Mount Intercooler and Charge Pipe System was designed and engineered in-house to provide you with a direct bolt-on system to increase air flow, decrease restrictions and temps, and most importantly to increase power!
The R&D team at ECS Tuning has spent countless hours creating and testing a system to optimize performance and efficiency while providing the clean look that Audi owners have come to expect. We started out by widening the turbocharger outlet to increase air flow with a 2.50" wide and straight-through component that eliminates the factory turbo muffler. Next we moved onto the aluminum intercooler inlet and outlet charge pipes, matched to the 2.50" size of the turbo muffler delete, that removes the factory noise reduction pipe. By deleting the noise reduction pipe and routing larger piping around factory components, our engineers were able to obtain optimal air flow and efficiency. For protection and to provide a clean look, the aluminum charge pipes were finished in a wrinkle black powder coat.
ECS Tuning's Luft-Technik Intercooler features a 21"x9"x3" aluminum bar and plate core with 2.50" inlet and outlet cast aluminum end tanks, finished in a silver powder coat with the embossed ECS Tuning logo. Each intercooler is pressure tested to withstand a minimum of 3.5 bar and designed to increase power, improve efficiency, and reduce heat soak. Our engineers provided a proper fit by utilizing factory mounting locations and ensuring that no trimming or cutting would be necessary, making installation completely reversible.
Increasing the surface area by using a larger more efficient core design and providing a smoother air path, we were able to gain an additional 13HP and 10ft-lbs of torque over the APR Stage 1 software, to the wheels!
- Reduced intake temperatures and air turbulence
- Increased air flow capacity
- Gains of up to 13 WHP and 10 Ft-Lbs WTQ over APR Stage 1
- Up to 40% improved intercooler efficiency
- Reduced intake temps by as much as 65*F during solid state WOT loading
- Pressure drop reduced by 52%
- Cast aluminum intercooler end tanks
- Bar and plate design intercooler core
- 2.50" diameter intake tract
- 4-ply silicone straight/hump couplers
- Aluminum tubing powder coated in a tough wrinkle black finish
- OEM like bracket secures the throttle pipe in place
- CNC machined MAP flange welded to factory position
- Eliminates the factory noise pipe
- Includes all stainless steel t-bolt clamps
- Easy and direct replacement upgraded system
This system is capable of withstanding greater heat and higher boost pressure over factory. Improved intake piping components reduce restrictions and provide a much smoother path for air to flow. Never worry about blowing couplers off of our pipes, as each tube is bead rolled and secured with stainless T-bolt clamps using our 4-ply silicone couplers. The Luft-Technik Intercooler System was designed with a focus on improving performance while maintaining OEM fitment with the use of quality parts. Attention to detail is never missed here at ECS Tuning, and this kit is no exception.
The Luft-Technik Intercooler and Charge Pipe System includes:
- High Flow Turbo Outlet Pipe Kit
- ECS Turbo Muffler Delete
- Silicone Turbo Outlet Coupler
- 2.50" Aluminum Intercooler Tube
- Silicone Intercooler Inlet Coupler
- Stainless Steel T-bolt Clamps
- Luft-Technik Intercooler
- 2.50" Inlet/Outlet Diameter
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks
- Pressure Tested to 3.5 Bar
- 21"x9"x3" Bar & Plate Design Core
- High Flow Throttle Pipe Kit
- Silicone Intercooler Outlet Coupler
- 2.50" Aluminum Intercooler Outlet Tube
- Silicone Intercooler Tube to Throttle Body Hump Coupler
- 2.50" Aluminum Throttle Body Tube w/ MAP sensor hardware
- Silicone Throttle Body Tube Coupler
- Stainless Steel T-bolt Clamps
For help with installation we have provided you with a PDF, available under the Installation category on the product page, to guide you through fitting on your new charge pipe system.
*For use with factory K03 turbocharger. Most K04 turbochargers do not have a removable turbo muffler in order to install the included delete*